What's changing the landscape of traditional publishing?
- social media
- low-cost self-publishing
When: 6 pm - 8 pm, Friday, November 16, 2012
Where: Mardel's, 5964 Barnes Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80922
You don’t have to pay thousands of dollars to the self-publishing arm of a traditional publisher. Christian fiction author and blogger Shelley Ring took a leap of faith to self-publish her fiction novel, Forsaken. Shelley shares the “how-to” steps she took to risk-free self-publishing. This workshop provides practical tips on:
- finding people to help start your publishing career, plus turning them into lifelong readers
- designing the front and back covers, plus other marketing pieces
- formatting the inside matter the easy way
- publishing an e-book in today’s digital world
- printing-on-demand hardcopies of your book.
Shelley was a freelance copywriter for Waterbrooke /Multnomah and David C. Cook fiction and a Marketing Coordinator at NavPress.
Visit Shelley's blog at shelleyring.com.
Buy Forsaken, a romantic Christian women's fiction novel, from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Smashwords.