Lorraine Pintus, an international author, speaker, and writing coach, is looking for a summer intern. Lodging is provided in a beautiful Colorado mountain setting near Colorado Springs in Lorraine’s home. The intern would learn from Lorraine and work for 2 months for about 10-15 hours each week. Hours are flexible. (If desired, the intern can look for other part time work).
Length of time: June through July, 2011
Location: 15 miles north of Colorado Springs, CO
- Social media: Execute messages via Twitter, Facebook, Linked-in and other networking sites. Create and place Facebook ads in connection with different books. Market through social media a series of 10 short videos.
- Media: Write press releases and set up interviews for radio/TV/newspapers in connection with upcoming conferences/speaking engagements.
- Research: Research for future books Lorraine is writing and research placement opportunities for current books/articles.
- Product fulfillment: Fulfill orders for about 9 different products
- Conference/Speaking engagements: Organize and execute speaking events for author.
- Design/write publicity materials: Includes brochures, flyers, web copy. Also, help write scripts for 16 4-minute inspirational audios on related to health and women’s hormones.
- The ideal candidate must have a passion for God, a teachable spirit, excellent communication skills, and a desire to learn the writing/publishing/speaking business. Knowledge of Word, Publisher, Powerpoint, and Social Media is preferred.
While no monetary compensation is provided, the candidate will receive no less than 10 hours of coaching from Lorraine (a $750 value). This is tailored to the individual needs of the intern and can include anything related to the writing/speaking/publishing industry (book proposals, magazine writing, marketing, speaking, etc.) 1,000 square feet of private living space will be provided in Lorraine’s mountain home.
To apply: Send a cover letter stating why you would be interested in this opportunity. Attach a resume which lists your skills and abilities and email it to Lorraine Pintus at lpintus at gmail dot com.